Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from zero to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for collaborative and passionate team members, to help us continue to build out our 30+ person remote, global team.
This is a fully remote company and we are open to applications worldwide. You don’t have to match all of the listed requirements to apply, we’re truly looking for people who can grow along with our diverse and global team.
As a full stack engineer you will build features for our user-facing application. You will work with our product and design teams to implement new features for our Learning Platform and ensure that we have adequate test coverage for these features.
- Work on backend and frontend code to build out new features
- Work with engineering, product, and design to build features
- Write tests to guarantee software quality
- Develop, release, and monitor software features and bugs
- Code reviews for other engineers
- Create and improve documentation for our technical system
- Join on-call rotation to respond to site downtime
- Software Development – 80%.
- Collaboration – 10%.
- Research and Discovery – 10%.
- Ability to overlap with EST (US) timezone between 9am – 12pm EST.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in fullstack development
- Python/Django programming experience
- GraphQL experience
- Experience developing full-stack features
- Experience with Agile project management including story breakdown and estimation
- Willingness to learn new technology as needed.
$53k US – $112k US.
*pending geographical location and experience level.