Ahrefs is looking for a backend developer with deep understanding of networks, distributed systems, OS fundamentals and taste for simple and efficient architectural designs.
In this role, be prepared to deal with petabytes of live data, highly-optimized custom storage engine and Linux on a daily basis.
- Proficiency in D or C++ (including C++20)
- Working experience with linux system-level programming
- Understanding of OS inner workings
- Experience optimizing code for speed and memory
- Knowledge of OCaml is a plus
The ideal candidate is expected to:
- Independently deal with bugs, schedule tasks and investigate code
- Make well-reasoned technical choices and take responsibility for them
- Understand the whole technology stack at all levels: from network and user-space code to OS internals and hardware
- Handle full development cycle of a single component i.e. formalize task, write code and tests, setup and support production (DevOps), assure data correctness and quality
- Approach problems with a practical mindset and suppress perfectionism when time is a priority
- Write flexible, maintainable code and adapt to post-launch requirements/tweaks
These requirements stem naturally from our approach to development with fast feedback cycle, highly-focused personal areas of responsibility and strong tendency to vertical component splitting.
What You Get:
- Competitive compensation package
- Informal and thriving work atmosphere
- Above-average perks and fringe benefit
- [Office] First-class workplace setup (hardware, software, office furniture, etc)
- [Remote] Work from home allowance
Ahrefs does not engage with agencies or third party recruitment solutions for the roles we hire for. If at any point we need help, we’ll let you know!