Top 10 US Staffing Agencies
- Best Full-Stack Staffing Agency — Randstad
- Best for Finance Industry — ManPower
- Best for International Staffing — Adecco
- Best for Professional Services — Robert Half
- Best for Visa Support — Kforce
- Best for Trades and Manufacturing — Integrity
- Best for Cross-Industry Staffing — TrueBlue
- Best for Construction — Aerotek
- Best for National Coverage — Spherion
- Best for Managed Services — Insight Global
What we looked for in the best staffing agencies
Staffing agencies provide temporary and permanent staff to companies to fulfill a variety of needs. Choosing the best staffing agency for your business is a matter of finding the right fit from among all of the options.
Many companies in the manufacturing, warehousing, fulfillment, and construction industries rely on staffing agencies to maintain the large number of employees needed to keep their businesses running.
Information Technology (IT) companies often rely on staffing agencies to quickly build the temporary or permanent teams needed to complete a specific project.
Beyond this, businesses in nearly every industry regularly use staffing agencies to expand an office or fulfill gaps in the workforce.
Our Top Ten staffing agencies range from large global workforce suppliers to specialized national companies focusing on specific industries. Every business has unique staffing needs, but we’re confident that from among these, you’ll find the perfect one for you.
To find our more about how RemotePad assesses providers check out our review methodology.
Top ten staffing agencies in the US
BEST FULL-STACK STAFFING AGENCY
Randstad is one of the world’s largest and most-respected staffing companies, serving businesses all over the world, of any size and industry.
Randstad has a massive footprint with over 4,800 offices in 30 countries. It fulfills 650,000 staffing, outsourcing, recruitment, and professional placements per year.
Randstad provides high-volume labor for manufacturing, with on-site management available through its Inhouse Services. It provides staffing, management, and specialist placements for many industries, but focuses mainly on IT, engineering, and finance.
Additional services include Managed Services Programs (MSP), Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), payroll processing, outsourcing, and outplacement services.
Randstad also offers Relavate, an HR management software suite. Relavate provides talent searches, reference checking, candidate matching, workforce scheduling, and an HR portal for administrative tasks.
Benefits of choosing Randstad as your US staffing company include:
- A massive staff database with millions of candidates
- A well-established reputation as a trusted staffing agency both in the US and internationally
- Payroll processing available as an outsourced payroll solution
- HR Management software available to manage the entire HR process.
Services may be more than is needed by medium-sized companies looking for niche skills.
Unique Selling Point (USP)
Randstad is one of the few staffing agencies with a comprehensive HR platform and Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
Large international manufacturing or IT engineering firms will benefit from Randstad’s thorough offerings. With its full stack of services, Randstad can help companies set up new offices or departments quickly and smoothly.
BEST FOR FINANCE INDUSTRY
While providing staff across the board, Manpower’s specialty is providing a workforce in the IT and finance industries.
ManpowerGroup boasts over 70 years of experience, 33,000 employees, 3,000 branches, and operations in 82 countries. It provides temporary staffing, training, outplacement, permanent placement, and executive search services.
ManpowerGroup consists of three divisions; Manpower, Talent Solutions, and Experts:
- Manpower provides staffing solutions with a focus on business professionals, engineering, finance, life science, and supply chains
- Talent Solutions specializes in workforce consulting, analytics, and insights. It provides recruitment services and custom HR consulting.
- Experts focuses on IT staffing, IT project solutions, and managed services. Its main expertise is business transformation, cloud and infrastructure, cybersecurity, digital workspace, and enterprise applications.
Benefits of working with Manpower include
- A global reputation — Manpower has been listed as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies ten times.
- Extensive global coverage
- Specialist IT staffing support — ‘Experts’ division focused on IT
- HR consulting services available
Manpower does not aim to provide staffing support in all industries, and in particular, does not explicitly provide staff in the warehousing, light industry, or construction services industries.
Unique Selling Point (USP)
ManpowerGroup provides extra support in workforce consulting and analytics which is not standard for a staffing company.
ManpowerGroup is a great choice for IT companies with global supply chains. It is especially useful for those wishing to grow quickly by outsourcing recruitment and HR, and hiring project-based teams.
BEST FOR INTERNATIONAL STAFFING
3. The Adecco Group
The Adecco Group, through its subsidiaries all over the world, means a US company is able to engage just one global for its international staffing needs.
Adecco is the largest staffing company in the world, employing over 33,000 people in over 60 countries. It offers permanent placement, outplacement, recruitment, and executive search, but its greatest strength is in temporary staffing.
The Adecco Group also includes several sister companies offering their own specialized staffing services:
- Adia provides retail and eCommerce, warehouse, manufacturing, cleaning and facilities services, and customer service staff in the US and Switzerland
- Akkodis provides tech and engineering staff for the automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, energy and clean technology, banking and financial services, information communication technology, manufacturing and logistics, and life sciences and health industries. It serves labor markets in Europe and the Middle East, North America, and China
- LHH Recruitment Solutions provides global recruitment and talent development services through its own group of subsidiary brands.
Some benefits of working with Adecco include:
- A temp staffing specialty — largest network for pre-screened temp staffing candidates
- Upskilling — strong support and training for temporary workers.
Some services are not available worldwide
Unique Selling Point (USP)
Adecco Group’s sister companies mean that it provides specialized staffing services (e.g., one company for e-commerce and retail, one for tech and engineering), while still under the umbrella of the one provider, simplifying global vendor management.
Adecco is a great choice for multinational companies looking for a one-stop solution for staffing offices, manufacturing, and warehouses in multiple countries.
BEST FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
4. Robert Half International
Robert Half, one of the oldest staffing companies, focuses on professional services, admin and creative staff sourcing. HR outsourcing and consultancy capabilities broaden Robert Half’s services compared to many other providers.
Rober Half was founded in 1948, and provides staffing, consulting, executive search, and permanent placement services, as well as HR, drug testing, and outsourcing.
It focuses on the administrative, legal, accounting, financial, technology, marketing, and creative fields. Robert Half has over 400 offices around the world and has been listed by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
Through its subsidiary, Protiviti, Robert Half offers custom managed solutions as well. Protiviti is a global consulting firm with over 4,500 professional consultants.
- HR Outsourcing is available to complement their staffing services
- Reputable and well-established company
Specialization means it will be less suitable for for light industry or construction
Unique Selling Point (USP)
The combination of staffing and consultancy services provides companies with a unique ability to plan and manage their global workforce through the one partner.
Global companies staffing offices around the world will find Robert Half time-saving and helpful. The managed solutions of Protiviti will also help in opening or expanding offices, and taking on projects in new markets.
BEST FOR VISA SUPPORT
Kforce supports the IT and finance fields, and helps companies of all sizes with relocating overseas staff to the United States.
Kforce is a specialized staffing firm serving the IT, finance, and accounting fields.
Kforce also features some unique offerings like team solutions. Its consultant teams can help businesses develop specialized technological systems to solve unique problems, monitor and report on the status of various projects within an organization, or recruit and onboard a team of consultants to fulfill project goals.
It also specializes in bringing top international talent to the US. When international professionals are matched with US employers, Kforce helps secure visa sponsorship.
Benefits of engaging Kforce for staffing include:
- Specialized focus provides a range of services capable of solving complex staffing issues, especially in the IT industry.
- Project solutions help companies complete large and difficult projects without hiring new permanent teams
Limited fields of expertise — no solutions for staffing in construction or light manufacturing industries
A great choice for IT companies that wish to source global talent and need help with the immigration process.
To learn more about how staffing companies can help with visa and relocation processes check out our guide to global mobility.
BEST FOR TRADES AND MANUFACTURING
6. Integrity Staffing Solutions
Integrity is a US staffing company focused on high-volume staffing, labor-hire and trades, and temp staff.
Integrity provides staff for warehouses, light industry, clerical and administrative positions, professional positions, and skilled trades.
It specializes in light industry and logistics, e-commerce, and call center industries.
Integrity focuses on high volume staffing, and boasts of having the most extensive temporary talent pool in the US.
For companies that work with multiple staffing agencies, Integrity offers the Vendor Management System and Managed Service Provider solutions to streamline management, recruitment, onboarding, and candidate assessment.
Benefits of working with Integrity include:
- A focus on high-volume staffing — helpful for companies with extensive hiring needs
- Temp support — an excellent choice for companies needing temporary staffing cover.
Limited industry specializations
Unique Selling Point (USP)
Integrity focused on temp and high-volume staffing, making it particularly useful for companies that have immediate or emergency staffing needs.
Companies in retail fulfillment or light industry that require high-volume staffing will appreciate Integrity’s services. Those that already work with multiple vendors will find the Vendor Management System useful.
BEST FOR CROSS-INDUSTRY STAFFING
TrueBlue is a corporate group combining a range of sister companies that specialize in different industries. Its services are a good fit for companies that need to hire across several specific niches of expertise.
TrueBlue fulfills the staffing needs of different industries through focused subsidiary companies:
- Peopleready serves general labor, construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, and waste and recycling industries.
- Peoplescout provides recruitment services with a focus on financial services, aviation, food manufacturing, hospitality, communications, clinical research, healthcare, and environmental industries.
- Staff Management | SMX provides high-volume temporary labor for e-commerce and retail fulfillment, warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing.
- Centerline offers logistics and transportation staffing solutions.
- Osimos specializes in supply chain staff to the distribution, eCommerce, light manufacturing, returns, grocery, consumable goods, manufacturing, packaging, distribution, and kitting industries.
TrueBlue boosts its staffing and recruitment services by also offering vendor management systems, time and attendance software, and safety training solutions.
Specialized subsidiary companies provide service to specific industries
Searching through a large group of companies is less intuitive than a single platform
With companies specializing in specific industries, niche talent will be easier to find. Supply chain companies will find their services especially useful.
BEST FOR CONSTRUCTION AND CONTRACTING
Aerotek supports companies throughout the US in the construction industry and trades, boasting 250 offices and recruiting centers.
Aerotek specializes in staffing for light industry, skilled trades, and construction. Its nationwide recruiting centers and 250 offices throughout the US are able to support high-volume recruiting needs, and supply workers with niche technical skills.
It also provides managed contract staff for industrial maintenance, facilities management, construction, renewable energy, and equipment installation.
Other offerings include vendor on-premise solutions to analyze company needs and build a custom workforce, training services, health and safety compliance consultation, and implementation services for workforce transitions
Aerotek can act as a Master Supplier for national firms, overseeing national workforce needs and programs.
Solution for national manufacturers and contractors
Specific industry focus does not cover IT, accounting and finance, and other office workers
Unique Selling Point (USP)
Subject matter expertise and a presence throughout the US means Aerotek is uniquely beneficial to nationwide US construction companies.
A solid choice for large national manufacturers and construction companies.
BEST FOR NATIONAL COVERAGE
Spherion supports companies with staffing, recruitment and a whole range of HR needs.
In addition to staffing and recruitment services, Spherion offers, HR consulting, as well as payroll and benefits administration.
The company has been operating in the United States for over 77 years and has over 700 offices around the country.
Spherion provides staffing for administrative and clerical departments, customer service and call centers, light industry, non-clinical healthcare, education support staff, finance and accounting, engineering and manufacturing, sales and marketing, IT, and hospitality.
- Payroll and benefits administration, as well as its core staffing solution
- HR consulting, for businesses seeking to outsource strategic HR functionality.
Services are available in the US only.
Spherion is a reputable and well-established partner for growing US companies that have large staffing needs and wish to outsource their PR and recruitment tasks.
BEST FOR MANAGED SERVICES
10. Insight Global
Insight Global provides staffing and recruitment services for a diverse group of industries; construction, creative, customer service, education, energy, engineering, financial services, government, healthcare, hospitality, human resources, IT, insurance, legal life sciences, logistics, manufacturing, marketing, and media.
Their additional services include culture consulting, diversity consulting, and managed services.
Through the Evergreen sub-brand, Insight Global offers managed services. Applications include contact care centers, operational support services, IT service management, desktop services, data and app engineering, technology operations services, agile services, cloud services, engineering support, GIS services, technical BPO and data services. The company prides itself on creating diverse teams of experts that can seamlessly transition into other roles at a client’s company upon completion of a project.
Benefits of Insight Global staffing solutions include:
- Many industries covered — ideal for companies with staffing needs across multiple areas
- Managed services available for businesses in need of further support.
No HR consulting for businesses that need that service.
Unique Selling Point (USP)
Insight Global’s managed support services means an unrivalled service for companies that need technical support alongside their staffing needs.
Insight Global provides a wide range of staffing services within the United States. Their service will be especially useful for IT companies needing to assemble teams to complete large projects.
Best US staffing agencies — our take
Large global companies looking for a wide range of staffing solutions, from manufacturing to IT professionals, will benefit the most from Randstad and Adecco.
ManpowerGroup is in a similar market but does not cover manufacturing. Robert Half will also be a good choice for international companies, especially those that want help expanding.
National-size companies with large staffing needs will benefit from working with Spherion.
Kforce provides the most specialization in IT and is unique in its ability to recruit, sponsor, and relocate global talent.
Insight Global has a wide range of staffing solutions and is a good choice for companies looking to develop new capabilities, complete large projects, or open new offices.
Supply chain, retail fulfillment, and light industry companies will find the most specialized staffing services through Integrity or TrueBlue.
For manufacturing and construction, Aerotek may be the best choice.
Ultimately, the best staffing agency for your business will be one that matches your needs, company culture, and industry. We hope this top ten list has helped narrow down the choices.